Employer: Holy Cross Cathedral (Loganville, GA)
Closes: When position is filled
Introduction and Summary: Worship is at the heart of Holy Cross. It animates our discipleship, outreach, service and fellowship as we are led and we lead people toward a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. By God’s grace we will continue to be a powerful witness of the gospel to our surrounding communities through our Scriptural, Sacramental and Spirit-filled worship of the Lord Jesus. Our next Minister of Music will play a significant role in this mission as we form the next generation of worshippers at Holy Cross, primarily through musical leadership of the Family (or 11:07) Service of worship on Sunday mornings.
a) Proven Christian character and integrity; a leader with personal warmth, joy and spiritual depth who senses a calling to lead the people of God in worship;
b) Relational personality willing to invite and inspire volunteerism by identifying and developing musical gifts in our congregation;
c) Good communication and organizational skills.
a) At least two years of music theory with the ability to transpose with transitions;
b) Reads traditional notation as well as tablature, lead sheets and chord diagrams;
c) Proficient in guitar and/or piano: able to play in a wide variety of styles;
d) Comfortable singing and leading a congregation in a variety of music ranging from ancient hymns to modern praise songs;
e) Experience in leading and rehearsing praise band members with various levels of ability.
a) Prior knowledge of the Anglican tradition warmly welcomed but not required; appreciation of and desire to learn our Anglican context required;
b) Agreement with the ACNA theological statement;
c) Eager to participate in the broader life of the church’s ministry and outreach.
1) Assisting in the planning of beautiful musical worship that complements the preaching of the Word and celebration of the Lord’s Supper;
2) Recruiting musicians and inspiring a musical culture, rehearsing regularly with music team and preparing sheet music, lead sheets, etc;
3) Overseeing the 11:07 musical team and volunteers, including tech, A/V, etc., through clear communication and consistent prayer;
4) Maintaining database of songs maintaining legal compliance on copyrights/permissions;
5) Other duties as discerned in conversation with pastoral team that align with candidate’s gifts and experience;
6) Commitment to serve for at least 2 years.
This could be a part-time or full-time position depending on the candidate and additional gifts, skills, and callings they may have that match the needs of Holy Cross at this time. Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes housing, a beautiful 3 bedroom home on the church campus.