Employer: St. Thomas Anglican Church (Athens, GA)
Closes: When position is filled
Summary - The Director of Music is responsible for planning, coordinating, and leading musical worship at St. Thomas Anglican Church (Athens, GA) in collaboration with the lead church planter. This person is responsible for recruiting, training, and leading musicians of the church as they play and sing as part of the music team. The Director of Music will have a key role in shaping the development of our ethos and the culture of musical worship. Our desire is that the music we sing together would be Biblically faithful, theologically rich, and aesthetically beautiful. It should reﬂect the breadth and depth of sacred music in a way that is rooted in Athens. St. Thomas is a young church plant that plans on starting Sunday morning services Fall 2017. We are looking for someone called to partner in the missionary work of church planting that can commit to the life of St. Thomas wholeheartedly for the next few years.
- Lead musical worship with strong vocals and a musical instrument.
- Recruit, cultivate, shepherd, and train a team of musicians to serve at St. Thomas.
- Select songs for services in coordination with the lead church planter.
- Rehearse regularly with music team and prepare sheet music, lead sheets, etc..
- Maintain a database of songs maintaining legal compliance on copyrights/permissions.
- Assist with weekly set-up including oversight over audio-visual equipment and volunteers.
- Strategic relational outreach to the musical / artistic community in Athens.
- Other duties as developed in conversation with the lead church planter.
- A vibrant, growing faith in Jesus Christ evidenced by faithfulness and fruitfulness.
- A sense of calling to lead the people of God in musical worship and be part of a church plant.
- An appreciation of the Anglican church’s liturgical and musical tradition.
- Agreement with the ACNA Theological Statement and Jerusalem Declaration of GAFCON.
- Maintain a personal and professional lifestyle of high Christian character and integrity.
- An eagerness to participate in the overall life and community of St. Thomas and of Athens.
* If there are additional gifts, skills, and callings that match this stage in the life of a church plant and a willingness to fundraise, then there is potential for it to be a full-time position.
For a complete job description click here: Director of Music Job Description St. Thomas.pdf