Employer: Holy Cross Anglican Church (Loganville, GA)
Closes: When position is filled
As the Cathedral church for a diocese comprising more than 50 parishes, Holy Cross is a regional hub for Anglicanism in the southeast. By God’s grace we will continue to be a powerful witness of the gospel to our surrounding communities through our Scriptural, Sacramental and Spirit-filled worship and proclamation of the Lord Jesus. Our next Music Director will play a significant role in this mission as well as in developing the next generation of worshippers at Holy Cross.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Proven Christian character and integrity; a leader with personal warmth, joy and spiritual depth who senses a calling to lead the people of God in musical worship;
2. Skilled musically and vocally, able to lead a variety of music ranging from ancient hymns to modern praise songs, either on guitar or piano; Go
3. Relational personality willing to invite and inspire volunteerism by identifying and developing musical gifts in our congregation;
4. Good communication and organizational skills;
5. Prior knowledge of the Anglican tradition warmly welcomed but not required; appreciation of and desire to learn our Anglican context required;
6. Solid grasp of hymnody used in different seasons of the church calendar; familiarity with broad range of worship music and movements;
7. Agreement with the ACNA theological statement and eager to participate in the broader life of the church’s ministry and outreach.
1. Assisting in the planning of beautiful musical worship that complements the preaching of the Word and celebration of the Lord’s Supper;
2. Recruiting musicians and inspiring a musical culture, rehearsing regularly with music team and preparing sheet music, lead sheets, etc.;
3. Overseeing the musical team and volunteers, including A/V and potentially other volunteer teams through good administration and consistent prayer;
4. Liaising with the Choir Director and Organist;
5. Maintaining database of songs maintaining legal compliance on copyrights/permissions;
6. Other duties as discerned in conversation with pastoral team that align with candidate’s gifts and experience;
7. Commitment to serve for at least 2 years.
Please see full job description here: Music Director Position Description.pdf